Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
WLTG

Really, the "Coach" said that!

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/02/27/1074418?sac=Sports

After being swept by Columbus, the FireAntz are now 10-14 at home. That's not important, Stewart said, because it's history, and backward isn't the direction he wants his team looking.

Dear God man ... You can't win at home ... you can't win on the road ... your attendance is down 15% ... You only mustered up 2 goals in the last 2 games ... and that doesn't matter?!!

Again, here we go ... we suck for most of the year and then Tommy wants to play the last ten games as "must-wins" ... so then IF we get into the post season the players are so wore out, that they can't keep up and they lose! But hey Tommy still looks good cause he got them there ... I am sick and tired of this philosophy!!

Step back and look at your accomplishments ... yeah you got them there for 3 years ... two of which only 1 team was eliminated ... WOW, I am impressed!

He is a JOKE!! He has traded away all of his so called "problem" players, yet we still are losing ... so now who is the problem?

THE COACH!!!!!!

"We've just got continue to work. I thought the effort was there this weekend. The guys worked hard. A couple of bad bounces, a couple of miscues - that's kind of been the story of our year."

You said that last year Tommy!! Same crap, different year! They didn't work hard by putting 6 SOG in the 3rd period Friday ... 6, when you were losing!! Really, if that's hard work then my God, I must be wrong!

Off topic... How's Perdicaro? Looks like he got hurt either before or during the fight with Wall, and the stupid linesmen just let the fight go on. Hope it's not serious. The linesmen are supposed to protect those guys!

Off topic... How's Perdicaro? Looks like he got hurt either before or during the fight with Wall, and the stupid linesmen just let the fight go on. Hope it's not serious. The linesmen are supposed to protect those guys!

Yeah those retards Actually MOVED THE NET out of the way so he could continue to get beat on!! But I doub't McNaught or Stewart have the nads to go to the Commish and question it!

At the jersey auction last night after the game, Perdicaro said he got five stitches, "so there was a little blood on the jersey."

During that fight, I was concerned for Salvis. He was in front of the net during the melee, and someone landed on him. Kudos to the Cottonmouth fella who helped pull him to safety.

Here's your new zamboni, FireAntz. :D

golfcart.gif

Nah, I'm only kidding. I expected Fayetteville to be one of the more better teams this year along with Louisiana.

He is a JOKE!! He has traded away all of his so called "problem" players, yet we still are losing ... so now who is the problem?

THE COACH!!!!!!

"We've just got continue to work. I thought the effort was there this weekend. The guys worked hard. A couple of bad bounces, a couple of miscues - that's kind of been the story of our year."

You said that last year Tommy!! Same crap, different year! They didn't work hard by putting 6 SOG in the 3rd period Friday ... 6, when you were losing!! Really, if that's hard work then my God, I must be wrong!

You are wrong. You didn't mention the owners. Coach didn't fire the owners. He needs to get rid of them next...

You are wrong. You didn't mention the owners. Coach didn't fire the owners. He needs to get rid of them next...

lmao ... you got me!

Who own da Antz, anyway? (in best Dennis Lamieux impersonation) Whoever does isn't as visible as the Dyers, Jeffries, and Amoses of the world...

Who own da Antz, anyway? (in best Dennis Lamieux impersonation) Whoever does isn't as visible as the Dyers, Jeffries, and Amoses of the world...

The Antz have a group of owners. That is why I have always said this team is at a disadvantage in the league. You can never get a group of people to agree on changes, salaries, buffets, etc. Fayetteville will always struggle with a team lead by many. I think management should just get a few good fighters and provide entertainment for the majority of their fans. I know there are a few, I want to see quality hockey fans, but I think it is easier to put together an entertaining team than a winning team. Plus you will need a new coach to put together a winning team.

I like Tommy, but he is not a motivator, and that is not going to change. He needs help with motivating, and you will not get that with multiple owners. Some owners want the most net revenue, and others want to win. The two don't usually go hand in hand in minor league hockey. You have to be willing to spend money to have a winning team. Do you not believe the Antz are spending less with the trading of Sich and Mark(can't spell his two last names).

The Antz have a group of owners. That is why I have always said this team is at a disadvantage in the league. You can never get a group of people to agree on changes, salaries, buffets, etc. Fayetteville will always struggle with a team lead by many. I think management should just get a few good fighters and provide entertainment for the majority of their fans. I know there are a few, I want to see quality hockey fans, but I think it is easier to put together an entertaining team than a winning team. Plus you will need a new coach to put together a winning team.

I like Tommy, but he is not a motivator, and that is not going to change. He needs help with motivating, and you will not get that with multiple owners. Some owners want the most net revenue, and others want to win. The two don't usually go hand in hand in minor league hockey. You have to be willing to spend money to have a winning team. Do you not believe the Antz are spending less with the trading of Sich and Mark(can't spell his two last names).

You're correct and one of the owners is also the GM of the Antz. I think Fayetteville is the only team in the league where the GM is also an owner. I know Hunt, Knox, Col and Aug all have owners who are separate from the GM. I don't know enough about the I-10 teams to say much about them.....I will give much credit to the owners of the Antz because most of the same are the same ones who brought hockey back to Fayetteville in 2002-2003.

Tommy might not be a motivator but he does provide us some entertaining material in the Fayetteville Observer.

Ownership is not the problem with the Antz...

But they hire the coach who hires the players. So I would believe they have a little to do with the problem.

Fire the fans, while we're on a roll...

About half the time here in Huntsville I wish they would just shut up and watch the game.

About half the time here in Huntsville I wish they would just shut up and watch the game.

I bet you're a lot of fun to sit with.

Haha. That's the way the kids that had failed a few grades got friends in high school.

I don't know enough about the I-10 teams to say much about them.....

Walby is GM and part owner. The other two GM's (Berryman in Louisiana and Gordon in Pensacola) don't own any portion of their teams.