Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

HOCKEYDADX3

Ice Bears at Surge Game # 2

Frustration,frustration,frustration! I don't mind losing but when we lose because non effort then I have and issue. This was in their favor. This is embarrassing. Grrrrrrr!!!!!

I'm glad this one is over! It was hard to watch and listen to.

Why did they send Segal off?

He challenged everyone on their bench to fight no takers so he challenged their fans lol

Edited by Dawg Ogle

Two good things came out of this weekend. We took away one of their home ice opportunities. And we avoided the shutout on a night we got dominated.

He challenged everyone on their bench to fight no takers so he challenged their fans lol

[/quote

Gotcha, I thought he was telling them to get on with it so they can get on the bus.

Getting beat 8-1 is embarrassing for sure. I anticipated the type of 3rd that we saw and I can understand why it happened. It happened because we had no realistic chance to win that hockey game so the best thing that could come out of that game for us was to get into the heads of the Surge to carry into game 3. Coach Craigen is going to have to make some adjustments with the offense particularly as it pertains to Sich. The Surge have the homerun pass to Sich figured out and he has been a non factor for two straight games. That just can't happen in order for us to be successful. The good news is we needed a split on the weekend and we got it. Home ice is in our favor now regardless of the lopsided 8-1 loss. The Surge have only played on our ice 1 time all year and adjusting to the smaller ice surface is going to be a big adjustment for them. The small area behind our net to work is also going to work into our favor. And of course, the fans being the 6th man also plays into our favor. In my opinion, the Ice Bears are going to have to win both games at home in order to win this series. If it goes back to Mississippi for a game 5 I DO NOT like our chances. It's gut check time for our Ice Bears so I guess we'll see what they got this weekend.

I'm glad this one is over! It was hard to watch and listen to.

Very hard, there were times I forgot we even had the game on.

From the start the goal was to win one of the weekends games, that we did. Tonights loss was lopsided for sure but we aren't going to win many games only scoreing 1 goal. We did not forecheck and put pressure on them in their own zone, they broke out of their end way to easily and thus were in our end the whole game. They are quick and fast and to have success we will have to play a physical hard checking game while staying out of the box. We'll be ready for them at home this weekend.

Getting beat 8-1 is embarrassing for sure. I anticipated the type of 3rd that we saw and I can understand why it happened. It happened because we had no realistic chance to win that hockey game so the best thing that could come out of that game for us was to get into the heads of the Surge to carry into game 3. Coach Craigen is going to have to make some adjustments with the offense particularly as it pertains to Sich. The Surge have the homerun pass to Sich figured out and he has been a non factor for two straight games. That just can't happen in order for us to be successful. The good news is we needed a split on the weekend and we got it. Home ice is in our favor now regardless of the lopsided 8-1 loss. The Surge have only played on our ice 1 time all year and adjusting to the smaller ice surface is going to be a big adjustment for them. The small area behind our net to work is also going to work into our favor. And of course, the fans being the 6th man also plays into our favor. In my opinion, the Ice Bears are going to have to win both games at home in order to win this series. If it goes back to Mississippi for a game 5 I DO NOT like our chances. It's gut check time for our Ice Bears so I guess we'll see what they got this weekend.

Agreed! Where I am really embarrassed is the stunt Brett pulled on the goalie. We have never been dirty and that was dirtiness.

Agreed! Where I am really embarrassed is the stunt Brett pulled on the goalie. We have never been dirty and that was dirtiness.

I don't think he had more tha a few shifts, he was trying to get into their heads a little and have an impact on the game. It's not a big deal, you couldn't hurt him if you tried with all that equiptment on. It was a mind game deal to try to get them to overreact. That was tame compared to what dirty play can be.

Volstate, you sound like you were talking to Atnip. He has virtually the same thing to sat after the game.

Sad thing about the Brett thing is more fans made more noise about the non-call and delayed whistle when Cacaro went down. Anyone know how he's doing? He was obviously in a lot of pain.

I couldn't hear the words, but it seemed like Segal was just inviting the Surge to come out and finish the game after their shutout was spoiled. Walby was probably just holding them at their bench until Coulombe finished at the scorer's table though.

Was there some question about the validity of our goal?

All in all, a good weekend for us.

Ouch.

I don't think any team has ever been destroyed like this in a PLAYOFF game ... in all of hockey! WTF!

Inconsistency has been the bane of this Icebear's team all season ...

Congrats to the Surge for definitely taking advantage, not sure if I'm looking forward to next weekend. It better be a long week of hard work for the Bears.

The last team to score 8 goals in a playoff game was.........the Knoxville Ice Bears. 2007 playoffs, Game 1 against Richmond. 8-2 was the score there.

Looking back at the playoffs, no other team has lost by 7 goals. This was the most lopsided win in SPHL history.

And WHERE IS OUR DEFENSE??? 63 SOG last night? Tonight we outshot them 46-27 but they get 5 PP Goals????? Where is our discipline??? This is the game Walby played last year against us, and it's going to work again if the Ice Bears forget that...

Cheer up Kville fans. Im sure your coach will use this game as a learning experience. Guaranteed two games next weekend plus a week of rest and practice should have your boys fired up next week. Plus we know who's gonna lead the attendance.

Cheer up Kville fans. Im sure your coach will use this game as a learning experience. Guaranteed two games next weekend plus a week of rest and practice should have your boys fired up next week. Plus we know who's gonna lead the attendance.

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to all the Ice Bear fans who drove down this weekend. It was nice meeting you guys. See y'all next Friday.

@Speed - PS has the SOG as 53 them, 23 us for tonight's game!

I was looking at the PIMs instead of the SOG. Still...116 shots in 2 games!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Volstate, you sound like you were talking to Atnip. He has virtually the same thing to sat after the game.

Sad thing about the Brett thing is more fans made more noise about the non-call and delayed whistle when Cacaro went down. Anyone know how he's doing? He was obviously in a lot of pain.

I couldn't hear the words, but it seemed like Segal was just inviting the Surge to come out and finish the game after their shutout was spoiled. Walby was probably just holding them at their bench until Coulombe finished at the scorer's table though.

Great minds think alike I suppose :) As far as Cacaro goes, he came back out and took regular shifts to finish the game. He's fine...

The Surge have figured out the homerun pass to Sich and every time we try it they intercept it. We're just getting out muscled and out played tonight. Buckle your chin straps though. The 3rd has the potential to get kinda ugly with us being down 5 goals. May be time to send a message for game 3. We'll see....

hey with all respect to the forum owner, your guys got dirty in the third. Even an IB fan can admit Valliquette tried to hurt Zaniboni. Weeks laid right on him too, didnt get called. Segal wasnt motioning to start the game....he was shaking his hands in mock drop the gloves gesture to our bench. Lots of elbows. You lost, no reason to get dirty. Just go home. See you friday.

Hey man, nice to see you guys :)

Cacaro came back in the game later so I think he's OK. I think he got hit in his manparts.

Your goal was definitley good, top shelf, beat Zanner glove side. I'm still POd about it LOL.

ok, i'm going to Knoxville! I'll make a thread.

Defense and goal tending are supposed to win championships.... provided they show up. I still can't rationalize fighting hard to stay in it and getting a come from behind victory one night, and the essentially having their arses handed to them on a silver platter the next. I'll be curious to see which team shows up next weekend.

Defense and goal tending are supposed to win championships.... provided they show up. I still can't rationalize fighting hard to stay in it and getting a come from behind victory one night, and the essentially having their arses handed to them on a silver platter the next. I'll be curious to see which team shows up next weekend.

That's what we've seen them do all year - a contender one night and a turkey the next. There's something missing between the ears... :disgust: