Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
MRKFAN11

Lets try something NEW!

Will you be attending Riverkings games this Season   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend Riverkings games this season

I know that most of us that will come over to talk hockey on the forum are going to be the die hard fans. Instead of complaining about what we don't have what the front office did not do, lets try to start off with some positive, constructive things.

20th year of Riverkings hockey in the Mid-South!

Ill be driving down from ohio for the opening weekend if there's back to back home games. If not I'll be there for our first back to back home games.

If people, "fans", don't come cause its the SPHL. I say good riddance.

Edited by Kingsfan1

Ill be driving down from ohio for the opening weekend if there's back to back home games. If not I'll be there for our first back to back home games.

If people, "fans", don't come cause its the SPHL. I say good riddance.

Well said! At least we still have hockey!!!

I have only been a hockey fan or I should say Riverkings fan since Nov 2010, but from the first game I attended I have been hooked. Already have our Season Tickets for the 2011-2012 season. I'm looking forward to the switch over to the SPHL. I hope it will be a fresh start for the Kings to come out and make a big mark in the new league. Go Kings Go!!!!

Glad to see some fans finding their way over to this forum. I am looking forward to the new season, seeing some new teams. Hope we will see a schedule soon.

Glad to see some fans finding their way over to this forum. I am looking forward to the new season, seeing some new teams. Hope we will see a schedule soon.

Welcome to the league looking forward to the competition!

even mix of whining and happiness over on the RK FB page. I'm in there saying not only should you be happy you have hockey at all, but trust me you'll enjoy it!

If people want to whine and haven't even given it a chance? Then imo, they are NOT hockey fans.

You are blessed to still have it, so enjoy it and deal! Am so glad to see all the positive comments here about the move.

Woot! Another female fan on the board, more women need to join up. Like you Christine, I attended first game not until Jan 2010 and been hooked since :cheering:

I hope to be buying many years worth of season tickets!

Again, welcome all of you to the forum and the league, can't wait to see your guys play..

Back to back champoinships early into the move spoiled alot of us. But those days are over. I for one am glad that we still have a team to support.

Some RK fans may know me, most probably don't, was w the KCBC at the end of it's tenure so Sassy ever joins she can help ID me HAHAHA

Don't post too awful much since the board on the RK site closed, but have to agree that at least we have hockey still that's right around the corner and not have to make travel plans & such to catch a game. Think w/ the Bugs ceasing operations we lost our biggest rival in the current CHL. That being said, having teams closer geographcially should create some new rivals but we'll have to see - having too many too close may over-saturate the term....

Now we have a new league, not only do we have new rules & teams to learn....but new refs to give us all headaches!!!!!

Some RK fans may know me, most probably don't, was w the KCBC at the end of it's tenure so Sassy ever joins she can help ID me HAHAHA

Don't post too awful much since the board on the RK site closed, but have to agree that at least we have hockey still that's right around the corner and not have to make travel plans & such to catch a game. Think w/ the Bugs ceasing operations we lost our biggest rival in the current CHL. That being said, having teams closer geographcially should create some new rivals but we'll have to see - having too many too close may over-saturate the term....

Now we have a new league, not only do we have new rules & teams to learn....but new refs to give us all headaches!!!!!

I think you may get your rival back one day. probably next year.

I almost think I would rather do yard work than wade through the rulebook. It's much more fun to just yell at the refs.

I'm with you there. Different league; still guaranteed to have several bad calls. I know they can't see everything but that won't stop me!

LOL Urbanski!!!

Hmm, read a rulebook, continue harrassing ref's. I will stick with the latter!

I can pick up on bad calls vs good calls (for most part), but need to freshen up on how these leagues work.

I do feel for any of the players choosing to stay, they have a lot to adjust too.

LOL Urbanski!!!

Hmm, read a rulebook, continue harrassing ref's. I will stick with the latter!

I can pick up on bad calls vs good calls (for most part), but need to freshen up on how these leagues work.

I do feel for any of the players choosing to stay, they have a lot to adjust too.

there are many of "our" players already in the SPHL. Besides Margie & that group, I saw McNulty in Biloxi.

I know that most of us that will come over to talk hockey on the forum are going to be the die hard fans. Instead of complaining about what we don't have what the front office did not do, lets try to start off with some positive, constructive things.

20th year of Riverkings hockey in the Mid-South!

Welcome to the SPHL, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the level of competition here. Good Luck :thumbsup:

You think the 160lb enforcers will impress them?

^^thats funny. Chris Chambers is a solid 205 and McCarthy is 185. And they're just our toughest but not enforcers. Hand is 180 and Fukula is 215. Love to see you battle any of em :thumbsup:

^^thats funny. Chris Chambers is a solid 205 and McCarthy is 185. And they're just our toughest but not enforcers. Hand is 180 and Fukula is 215. Love to see you battle any of em :thumbsup:

But the 2 that are the most fun to watch are Sicard and Segal.