Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MRKFAN11

CHL's take on the Kings Leaving

My link

I thought that was interesting that they thanked the Kings for the role that they have had on the CHL

Players from the Mudbugs and RiverKings will join the players from the Colorado Eagles (announced in late May that they would not be participating in the CHL) as unrestricted free agents within the league. Additionally, the players from the Odessa Jackalopes are also free agents as the team failed to submit their summer player protection list by the June 10 deadline.

So this means you have lost your players? It says within the league, but you're the only team that switched leagues.

Players becoming a free agents is not uncommon thing in the CHL. Those players can now sign with any CHL team. Also they can sign with the Kings in the SPHL if they want to.

Well the last 19 years of Riverkings has been great! Some seasons better than others. I was looking forward to all of the hoop-la that could have went with being one of the charter members of the CHL. Hopefully there will be some great things that can be done. I for one hope for a return to the BLACK AND GOLD! Even if it is just for a 3rd Jersey.

Players from the Mudbugs and RiverKings will join the players from the Colorado Eagles (announced in late May that they would not be participating in the CHL) as unrestricted free agents within the league. Additionally, the players from the Odessa Jackalopes are also free agents as the team failed to submit their summer player protection list by the June 10 deadline.

So this means you have lost your players? It says within the league, but you're the only team that switched leagues.

Colorado switched leagues as well. All of the players from the 4 teams listed are free to sign with anyone.

Colorado switched leagues as well. All of the players from the 4 teams listed are free to sign with anyone.

Odessa dropped down to junior A, the NAHL... But you are correct, all of the players from those four teams are free to sign with anyone.

Ty for explaining.

Perhaps I need to spend the next few longgggg months of no hockey reading and studying! Just when I think I got this, I don't.. LOL

the CHL continues to have issues...I see it getting worse next year when the old IHL teams(Dayton, Fort Wayne, Quad City, and Evansville) have their colaberation with CHL ended. I didn't include Bloomington since they have a new CHL team coming.

The important thing for me is that RiverKings hockey will continue. Will watching SPHL be different, or any less than, watching CHL hockey? I don't know. Watching CHL hockey isn't the same as watching the NHL, but I still go to the CHL games. And no matter how it turns out, RiverKings memories are RiverKings memories. I wasn't around for the championships, but I have more than my share of memories (Dumont's performance against Mac and the Eagles at or near the top of that list). I, for one, will be there opening night.

The important thing for me is that RiverKings hockey will continue. Will watching SPHL be different, or any less than, watching CHL hockey? I don't know. Watching CHL hockey isn't the same as watching the NHL, but I still go to the CHL games. And no matter how it turns out, RiverKings memories are RiverKings memories. I wasn't around for the championships, but I have more than my share of memories (Dumont's performance against Mac and the Eagles at or near the top of that list). I, for one, will be there opening night.

We will be there as well and have lots of memories as well.

We went down to Huntsville last season to watch a couple of ex-RK players (Margie, Detulleo, Kretzer) and had a great time despite end results from the games......am looking forward to Louis & Killer's return as well and how that 1st game in the DCC against the Ice Gators.

the CHL continues to have issues...I see it getting worse next year when the old IHL teams(Dayton, Fort Wayne, Quad City, and Evansville) have their colaberation with CHL ended. I didn't include Bloomington since they have a new CHL team coming.

Don't forget the Laredo Bucks will be able to fly the coup next year as the Odessa Jackalopes and the Riverkings did this year. I see the CHL losing more teams after next year. The attendance in Dayton was shockingly very low, and Quad City and Bloomington didn't turn heads either.