Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

In the past three years, the expansion teams have kept very few, if any of their ECHL/CHL players from the year before. When we joined in 2009, we brought Weidlich and Zultek from AA leagues. Weidlich was a player-coach so he got a little more cash. Same was with Auffrey of Augusta, if I'm not mistaken. The Ice Gators and Ice Pilots did not bring back any of their former ECHL players either from what I remember. I agree with the previous posts, if you get two guys from last year's roster, then you will be lucky.

But saying a guy will light it up just because he played at a higher level last year is not always the case. I think the SPHL will be much better, and much more competitive. I agree with Fred (can't believe I'm saying that) guys are going to have to take pay cuts, go to Europe of go home. The SPHL will be a much better league next year.

I am still getting emails from the Kings org. referring to DL as the captain of the Riverkings. The content of the email is about his activity with the Jr. Street Kings, but they still refer to him as the captain of the Riverkings. The latest email coming in on 06-21-11. Don't know if that means he is coming back or what.

I would not read too much into that. Those may be things that he had to do to due to contract obligations. I just dont see him playing rlthis season with the Riverkings.

Probably right MRKFAN11, that's what I thought but it seems a little late to still be under contract. Still cannot see DL staying here and playing for that much less money.

Most likely he was the hometown player under the CHL rules. I am nor sure exactly sure how that works.

I would not read too much into that. Those may be things that he had to do to due to contract obligations. I just dont see him playing rlthis season with the Riverkings.

I'll take that bet.

Landmesser's still around? He was playing in Memphis when they played HSV and Columbus the first time in the CHL. His Medicare should be kicking in soon if he's a US citizen so he won't need the SPHL salary anyway.

And to the poster who said the "SPHL salary police" will be knocking on the RK's door, lmao:whistle:

Personally I do not expect any of last years players for the Kings or any other CHL players to show up on the Kings roster this year. Consequently, the Kings will have a whole new team. I would think they would be a lesser threat to any other team in this league until they do get established. Needless to say my expectations for our team, like any other fan for their team is to win the cup. Anything else is 1st loser.

Personally I do not expect any of last years players for the Kings or any other CHL players to show up on the Kings roster this year. Consequently, the Kings will have a whole new team. I would think they would be a lesser threat to any other team in this league until they do get established. Needless to say my expectations for our team, like any other fan for their team is to win the cup. Anything else is 1st loser.

I would think with the CHL having less teams, you might see a few of the guys.

Good move for Evansville. Hope they did not want to contend for the Cup.

Good move for Evansville. Hope they did not want to contend for the Cup.

I guess we can all forgive Killer now since his signing of Makway is NOW the 2nd worst vet signing in CHL history. Thanks, Evansville! :thumbsup:

Personally I do not expect any of last years players for the Kings or any other CHL players to show up on the Kings roster this year.

Landmesser will be on the roster this season. Mark my words.

Contract obligations end when the season ends, but he'll be back.

If Landmesser does play this season, I could see him in a player / asst. coach role. Let's face it, age has caught up him and his talent level at this point, might work for another year at a lower level.

If Landmesser does play this season, I could see him in a player / asst. coach role. Let's face it, age has caught up him and his talent level at this point, might work for another year at a lower level.

His talent level has worked the past couple seasons at a lower level.

Contract obligations end when the season ends, but he'll be back.

Just check the Games Playered for OLD Landmine....... He is at 932 games played. If we sign him we will be stuck with only Him as a Vet. THIS WILL SUCK !!!!!

Just check the Games Playered for OLD Landmine....... He is at 932 games played. If we sign him we will be stuck with only Him as a Vet. THIS WILL SUCK !!!!!

If he doesn't play, he'll be coaching. We'll have other vets, even if he plays.

Are you saying that there is even a limit to the total number of games that the vets can have played collectively as a group?

Yep. They lowered it for this year to I think 1100 games total for vets. That's why all the Bears fans are mad cause if Swider comes back then add Sich and Olauson the three combined was 1184 games. Welcome to SPHL.

From Doug Price, VP of the SPHL:

In the SPHL, teams may have up to three veteran players on their active roster. Any player who has played more than 224 professional games is considered a veteran. In addition, the combined professional games played by the veterans on a team's active roster may not exceed 1,100.

This does make things interesting. Derek plays, he'll be the only vet. He'll be involved somehow, front office, assistant coach or player.

I think its time. He needs to go, go where ? Anywhere but here. If he stays here in any aspect of the Team, Our start in the SPHL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!