Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

I think its time. He needs to go, go where ? Anywhere but here. If he stays here in any aspect of the Team, Our start in the SPHL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't disagree with that.

I'm pretty old and I'll be there.

Landmesser needs to move on. I for one want to see our D actually skate. I fell asleep so many times during our so called power plays last year. I look forward to this season mostly because it offers the chance to see some really new faces.

It looks like, with the salary cap per player and limit on number of games per vet it is going to be hard to acquire quality pro players unless they are subsidised some way.

You are getting a quality defense man in Kyle Lundale. He will be liked by the fans.Has

a heck of a shot from out around the blue line. Not afraid to drop them and will take up

for his teamates. I think I saw Landmesser playing way back when Columbus and Memphis

was in the CHL together!!

Encourageing information,I guess we are all just anxious to hear and see more of what we are now a part of.

Landmesser needs to move on. I for one want to see our D actually skate. I fell asleep so many times during our so called power plays last year.

I found the PP a good time to go to the restroom.

From Doug Price, VP of the SPHL:

This does make things interesting. Derek plays, he'll be the only vet. He'll be involved somehow, front office, assistant coach or player.

If DL is indeed signed, the math does appear to say that he will be the only vet on the entire team. Perhaps some of the other SPHL fans can comment on how that formula has worked, if used at all, by other SPHL teams in the past. Back in the CHL only Allen managed to find success without using a full complement of vets.

Edited by GolfingTiger

If they hire DL he will probably be the only vet and his salary would include being a player, assistant coach, and front office help to get him where he needs to be in money. That should leave enough money, with salary caps, to employee the Street Kings.

If they hire DL he will probably be the only vet and his salary would include being a player, assistant coach, and front office help to get him where he needs to be in money. That should leave enough money, with salary caps, to employee the Street Kings.

DL should either just come back a a non-player assistant coach or go to another team in the CHL. He won't play in the SPHL.......

Each team is allowed 1 player assistant that can be on the payroll year round. So, as far as the cap goes they can pay him on the books during the season say 500 a week then during the off season bump it up. When you do the math it comes to a decent amount of money because his salary will be paid for 12 months versus just 6. There is no way around the 1100 game total for all vets combined but to be honest with you I think if you have 1 vet and surround him with good young talent you can have a good hockey team. Let's face it, 8 teams are going to the playoffs and every round is 3 games. So, you don't have to have the best team you just can't have the worse team during the season. Although admittedly, finishing in the top 4 will be a pretty big deal to get those 1st round home ice advantages.

No one else in the CHL would match what DL is making with the Kings.

anyone know when they will announce the players they have already signed?