Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

OH Really! Maybe a manority on THIS board. I hope you don't get your percentages based on what was said on the CHL and now the SPHL board. For your information, 90% of all season ticket holders don't even know this board exists, much less the CHL board. You can change your board name, but I've got you narrowed down to 3 just by your response. Close enough. All I said was "Speak for yourself". Everyone on this board can say " I hate Abe and Robin". My problem is "US and WE". Don't speak for me or anyone else. Speak for yourself. Then we can agree to disagree.

Same board name as before.

They can type/say anything, anyhow they want as long as the Mods are good with it. You're not a Mod.

OH Really! Maybe a manority on THIS board. I hope you don't get your percentages based on what was said on the CHL and now the SPHL board. For your information, 90% of all season ticket holders don't even know this board exists, much less the CHL board. You can change your board name, but I've got you narrowed down to 3 just by your response. Close enough. All I said was "Speak for yourself". Everyone on this board can say " I hate Abe and Robin". My problem is "US and WE". Don't speak for me or anyone else. Speak for yourself. Then we can agree to disagree.

Maybe he speaks for me, How do you know he don't speak for anyone else? Just because you have brown all over your nose, and you tow the company line does not mean everyone else has to.

Hey Puck...... I dont care for the FO myself...... When THEY start listening to the folks that pay there saleries WE as fans will get what we pay for. Until then , I will only visit when I can get a cheep or Free seat... The bulk of my money WILL NOT be sent to pay for FLABs saleriy........ Cheep Seats this year are 16.00 each..... THAT JUST PLAIN STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!! Lower Leauge and Higher Prices!!!!!! I Dont Think So !!!!!!

Here is why I have a problem with saying "we and they". It is easy to sit on behind your computer screen and say what works and what doesn't. It is also easy to say they don't listen to you or the fan base as a whole. You all know the old phrase "You can't please all of the people all of the time". For instance if you had 100 people who all want and need different things. In that scenario some are going to be pleased and some will no be pleased. So does that make the entire front office wrong? Most complaints I hear about involve the front office. For changes to happen BOTH SIDES have to have CONSTRUCTIVE TALKS. Not tell your side and not give the other side time to answer. Most of you were on CHL Forums. Even Mike E. posted on there some of the same things that I am saying. Ask yourself honestly, would a town hall meeting, or something like that help? I don't think so. The last town hall we had had season ticket holders complain about it being cold in the arena and the music was too loud. Really? Now we are complaining about ticket prices and the front office and the owner. Why would they think that anything of value would come from talking to season ticket holders who complain about it being cold at an ice hockey game? I too think that the communication from the team has been lack luster. I hope that this will get better but if it does not I wont get so up set that I am going to give up on the PLAYERS!

For your information, 90% of all season ticket holders don't even know this board exists

I'm trying hard to change that. Hopefully if the SPHL Show gets going more Riverkings fans will discover this board. The show graphic leading them here will be on the SPHL website and I'm hoping each teams website. You guys make sure to let the other fans know! Once the season starts you'll need all the backup you can get. Things get much more "lively" during the season :lol:

What is needed from the RiverKings fans is much more positive vibrations and far less negative waves.

They have the lowest glass front row center line seats in their new league and they complain their seats aren't half price being in a lower league.... LOL...

Complain their teams haven't been good when they have never been in the cellar recently... LOL...

Complain that there have been coaching changes in the club's attempt to be better... LOL...

Its the minor leagues, not major league. Minor league fans should be happy they have a competitive team, around 500... That their club wins more than they lose at home... They get this but still gripe...

Edited by Huey

Tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off, jump out of bed real quick and put the pants on before she can get them.

Just thought I would let you know, I found those pants. I bought my ST.

Other than email or regular mail, has anyone been contacted by a Ticket Rep to renew their season tickets? I've had 3 season tickets the last 3 years (GOLD ZONE) and no one has contacted me about renewing. Not that I was planning on renewing the tickets anyway, but it is laughable that the front office won't call season ticket holders to renew to save this money pit of an organization. I go to a handful of Redbird games a year, and they contact me ONCE A MONTH about ticket packages and promotions. From what I've witnessed, the Riverkings are an extremely poor ran operation and would rather send 50 emails a week about non-profit stuff than actual hockey related items.

As for walk up tickets, there is no way I am paying $21 a seat to see SPHL hockey. Just to get in the door will cost me and my family $68. What a JOKE!!!!

Edited by RSib

Other than email or regular mail, has anyone been contacted by a Ticket Rep to renew their season tickets? I've had 3 season tickets the last 3 years (GOLD ZONE) and no one has contacted me about renewing. Not that I was planning on renewing the tickets anyway, but it is laughable that the front office won't call season ticket holders to renew to save this money pit of an organization. I go to a handful of Redbird games a year, and they contact me ONCE A MONTH about ticket packages and promotions. From what I've witnessed, the Riverkings are an extremely poor ran operation and would rather send 50 emails a week about non-profit stuff than actual hockey related items.

I've been called three times this offseason by ticket reps for the Nashville Predators, most recently just two weeks ago.

As for walk up tickets, there is no way I am paying $21 a seat to see SPHL hockey. Just to get in the door will cost me and my family $68. What a JOKE!!!!

So let me get this straight. You are not going to renew for one reason or another. And you are mad they have not called you. You were not going to renee so why complain.

So let me get this straight. You are not going to renew for one reason or another. And you are mad they have not called you. You were not going to renee so why complain.

Never said I was mad, and them not calling me had no bearing on whether I renew my tickets. But the reason I brought this up was just further proof of what a **** Show the front office is. The fact that a declining organization would not call season ticket holders to renew is baffling to me.

Never said I was mad, and them not calling me had no bearing on whether I renew my tickets. But the reason I brought this up was just further proof of what a **** Show the front office is. The fact that a declining organization would not call season ticket holders to renew is baffling to me.

And raise the price of the tickets too..... They want more $$$$ to see players that are payed 1/2 the $$$$ .... So we get half the show and have to pay more $$$ to see it..... This starts at the top with Robin and ends with the 2 people with no clue...... This WILL BE the last year Desoto County has Prof. Hockey unless someone buys it, and dont think that will happen......So a Special Thanks goes out to Robin, Flabs and Nate the Snake....... :applause::applause::applause::banghead::banghead::banghead:

How do you figure that this is the end? The negative opinions by the posters here is pathetic. Most of you must beat horses for a living. You sure beat them here. I for one would like to thank Robin. She did not have to keep a professional hockey team here. She took the finiancial risk and kept the team open for another season. The SPHL will have a different style game than we have seen the last few years but SO WHAT! Most everyone I have spoken to are happy that the team is playing this season in the SPHL. The only people who are not happy are the few who post on this board.

How do you figure that this is the end? The negative opinions by the posters here is pathetic. Most of you must beat horses for a living. You sure beat them here. I for one would like to thank Robin. She did not have to keep a professional hockey team here. She took the finiancial risk and kept the team open for another season. The SPHL will have a different style game than we have seen the last few years but SO WHAT! Most everyone I have spoken to are happy that the team is playing this season in the SPHL. The only people who are not happy are the few who post on this board.

Rose Colared Glasses !!!!!!!!

so here we are less than one month away from opening night. to all of my season ticket holders, sponsors, group leaders, etc....i thank you. i love hockey. all of you love hockey. months removed from the cluster **** that was the riverkings organization i still sit back, laugh, and shake my head at the jaded view of the organization from their "die-hard" fans (you and i both know who you are). if you choose not to support the kings, that is ABSOLUTELY you're right. however, as many have posted, the price of tickets is comparable to the rest of the league. the dcc is one of the best facilities in the league (It was in the chl as well). the product that the kings put forth will always be competitive even if they played in the aahl...this is a result of the commitment by the owner (front office) and the staff (front office) to provide an entertainment option for all of you in northern mississippi/memphis, tn area to enjoy. if you dont enjoy it, dont support it. but please, do not come to fan boards and enlighten the masses as to why they shouldnt support the team. its embarrassing to yourself only. as a former member of the "team" and now far enough removed to express my opinion, you are the ones that will drive this team away and ruin a powerful force of good in the desoto county community and the greater memphis area on whole. aside from a hockey only standpoint the kings are an invaluable resource to the community. the players, staff, and front office are dedicated members of northern mississippi.

is the sphl a "lesser league?" yea it is...lets call a spade a spade. that being said, the men that compete in this league are no less deserving of your support as an nhl prospect. they are you. at this level they are a blue collar group fighting for their lives. look around you, i could not think of a better group of individuals to represent north mississippi and memphis than these kids.

i was the director of group sales for the augusta lynx of the echl when (in the first time of the history of the league) we shut down operations mid-season. i never thought hockey would return to the savannah river area, yet, here they are, reborn as the augusta riverhawks. a team that rose from the ashes of another disastrous situation only to now thrive in a league that is more amendable to their financial needs.

i was relieved of my duties upon the shift to the sphl (i'm pretty used to moving so don't cry for me). despite all of my reservations i will be sitting front row when the kings play in knoxville and fayeteville this season with a smile on my face and a kings jersey on my back.

tommy, norma, jon, stephanie, etc, etc, i hope to see you there.

ab, nate, keenan, whitney, alyssa, josh, dustin, and most importantly robin and the maddox foundation, and the rest of the front office, work to provide you with the best product they can provide. as an individual who did the same i hope at the end of the day you see that these people care, and care a great deal, about the experience you receive as a season ticket holder, group leader, sponsor, or individual fan who supports the kings. at the end of the day these men and women work for you. their lives are tied to you. if you have a problem, grow up and express it. but do not for one minute think that the 5-10 of you who hate the riverkings front office will make a change. put together a few million, buy your own team, and then tell me and the rest how easy it is to be "us"

with what i have in my account i could buy season tickets...and i was unemployed 2 months ago. if you cant afford season tickets, they offer mini-plans. if you cant afford a mini-plan you can show up on an individual basis and still enjoy the most affordable family entertainment option in the mid-south...$5 parking included.

i'm tired of the "fans" who bemoan the operational costs of minor league sports only to **** even more when they go away and offer no remorse for the cause....i have seen it time, and time again. "fans" fall away. ive seen it time, and time again. FANS show up. if you arent one, stop pretending to be. Go Kings. Go Maddox Foundation. a portion of my income will go to the sphl because i love hockey...i love the south.

:applause: :applause:

so here we are less than one month away from opening night. to all of my season ticket holders, sponsors, group leaders, etc....i thank you. i love hockey. all of you love hockey. months removed from the cluster **** that was the riverkings organization i still sit back, laugh, and shake my head at the jaded view of the organization from their "die-hard" fans (you and i both know who you are). if you choose not to support the kings, that is ABSOLUTELY you're right. however, as many have posted, the price of tickets is comparable to the rest of the league. the dcc is one of the best facilities in the league (It was in the chl as well). the product that the kings put forth will always be competitive even if they played in the aahl...this is a result of the commitment by the owner (front office) and the staff (front office) to provide an entertainment option for all of you in northern mississippi/memphis, tn area to enjoy. if you dont enjoy it, dont support it. but please, do not come to fan boards and enlighten the masses as to why they shouldnt support the team. its embarrassing to yourself only. as a former member of the "team" and now far enough removed to express my opinion, you are the ones that will drive this team away and ruin a powerful force of good in the desoto county community and the greater memphis area on whole. aside from a hockey only standpoint the kings are an invaluable resource to the community. the players, staff, and front office are dedicated members of northern mississippi.

is the sphl a "lesser league?" yea it is...lets call a spade a spade. that being said, the men that compete in this league are no less deserving of your support as an nhl prospect. they are you. at this level they are a blue collar group fighting for their lives. look around you, i could not think of a better group of individuals to represent north mississippi and memphis than these kids.

i was the director of group sales for the augusta lynx of the echl when (in the first time of the history of the league) we shut down operations mid-season. i never thought hockey would return to the savannah river area, yet, here they are, reborn as the augusta riverhawks. a team that rose from the ashes of another disastrous situation only to now thrive in a league that is more amendable to their financial needs.

i was relieved of my duties upon the shift to the sphl (i'm pretty used to moving so don't cry for me). despite all of my reservations i will be sitting front row when the kings play in knoxville and fayeteville this season with a smile on my face and a kings jersey on my back.

tommy, norma, jon, stephanie, etc, etc, i hope to see you there.

ab, nate, keenan, whitney, alyssa, josh, dustin, and most importantly robin and the maddox foundation, and the rest of the front office, work to provide you with the best product they can provide. as an individual who did the same i hope at the end of the day you see that these people care, and care a great deal, about the experience you receive as a season ticket holder, group leader, sponsor, or individual fan who supports the kings. at the end of the day these men and women work for you. their lives are tied to you. if you have a problem, grow up and express it. but do not for one minute think that the 5-10 of you who hate the riverkings front office will make a change. put together a few million, buy your own team, and then tell me and the rest how easy it is to be "us"

with what i have in my account i could buy season tickets...and i was unemployed 2 months ago. if you cant afford season tickets, they offer mini-plans. if you cant afford a mini-plan you can show up on an individual basis and still enjoy the most affordable family entertainment option in the mid-south...$5 parking included.

i'm tired of the "fans" who bemoan the operational costs of minor league sports only to **** even more when they go away and offer no remorse for the cause....i have seen it time, and time again. "fans" fall away. ive seen it time, and time again. FANS show up. if you arent one, stop pretending to be. Go Kings. Go Maddox Foundation. a portion of my income will go to the sphl because i love hockey...i love the south.

:applause:

:applause: :applause:

:applause:

I guess some people enjoy being treated like a piece of crap....If you stay around long enough, u will be in the same boat as a LOT of us are...... If they make it past this seaon.....I AM NOT going to be teated that way......

Well I have been a season ticket holder for the last 8 years. I bought walk up tickets for the two championship seasons before that. I think the major difference between most of this board and me is, I dont care about what the front office does. I just want to see hockey.

I think most of you are correct in what you say. Just airing it out here is not the correct way to do it. Micheal E said it best on another forum, both sides have to come to the table.listening and willing to change. IMO neither side is doing that here.