Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

JumpinJackFlash

Goalie Signed ......

Surprised the team passed in the expansion draft on Ian Vigier, I know he didn't want to leave Columbus, but I figured they had a better goalie in mind?

Oh wow Niedert is back. Nick has had a few stints in this league. He has his moments but has always lacked consistency. Maybe he's gotten better with that since he's been in the FHL only time will tell. One thing is for sure he's not scared to drop the mitts for a good ol goalie fight although he's not a very big fella.

I can see why...most of the teams / leagues he played for went belly up...although I doubt the RKs will have that problem.

He might not be a star in net. But he is a pro when it comes to serving beer.

Very personable guy...Fans will like him off the ice...If he can play at a steady level, he will be a decent pickup for you.

By: Keenan Slusher

Southaven, Miss. --- When you've played for 17 different teams in nine different leagues over the past decade, odds are there are no guarantees what city you'll be suiting up in next.

Such is the life of 29-year old goaltender Nick Niedert, whose new home, at least for next year, will be between the pipes at the Desoto Civic Center for the Mississippi RiverKings.

I have no reason to doubt, nor do I, Keenan Slusher's figures above. That said, how anyone in around or less than 10 years could play for 17 different teams in 9 different leagues is beyond me. I wouldn't think moving around this much and so frequently like this is possible, even with teams folding up all over the place in a variety of leagues.

I have no reason to doubt, nor do I, Keenan Slusher's figures above. That said, how anyone in around or less than 10 years could play for 17 different teams in 9 different leagues is beyond me. I wouldn't think moving around this much and so frequently like this is possible, even with teams folding up all over the place in a variety of leagues.

Like Don said, real nice guy. I assume he will be a backup in the SPHL.

Like Don said, real nice guy. I assume he will be a backup in the SPHL.

You never know what a little team stability could do for his game, goalies get hot.

And a lot of them seem to get better with age also.

At least we have one goalie in camp.....

His stats aren't so bad.......assuming he is our number 2 goalie :thumbsup2:

I remember him as an emergency backup for the Snakes in the 04-05 season. He played about 13 minutes, made 9 saves and didn't allow a goal.

Whose the #1 goalie? Or there isn't one yet?

The age definately threw me for a loop, most of these players in the SPHL could be our sons :whistle:

Whose the #1 goalie? Or there isn't one yet?

The age definately threw me for a loop, most of these players in the SPHL could be our sons :whistle:

Then you would be really OLD. :hockey:

Can anyone figure this signing?

Edited by AAPK

I wouldn't put to much into this signing. Prolly just to have another goalie in camp. The roster at this level at the start of the season will be alot different 30 days into the season with higher level players filtering down. A signing today may be a cut tomorrow. I generally don't get very excited til 1st week in November. Alot of the guys you see signing contracts in the CHL who played in the SPHL last year will be back. Just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. Nuttin.

Looks like Niedert has signed with Quad City or at least been invited to camp.