Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
GolfingTiger

Camp schedule announced

Got an e-mail which says that the practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (Oct. 10-12) will be open to the public. Two sessions on Monday and Tuesday; 10:00 am - 12:00pm and 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Wednesday will only have the morning session.

You must enter on the west side of the DCC and seating to watch practice will only be allowed in Sec. 105.

Got an e-mail which says that the practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (Oct. 10-12) will be open to the public. Two sessions on Monday and Tuesday; 10:00 am - 12:00pm and 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Wednesday will only have the morning session.

You must enter on the west side of the DCC and seating to watch practice will only be allowed in Sec. 105.

Guess this is suppose to make me jump up and do back flips..... No SST for me .....AB and NATE SUCK !!!!!!

So why post on here? If you dont like them tell them. Dont hide behind a screen name and bash some one. Things I did not like with rhe team i addressed it with them face to face. You might want to try it. And if you have sorry things did not work out for you.

I agree with MRK11, if you don't like something go talk to them in person, unless you are afraid to be known to the people you are bashing. I also want to thank Robin and the powers that be for at least giving us 1 more season of hockey. She didn't have to do that. I may not like a lot of things that are done in the front office, but unless you are there when the decisions are made, you are not privy to the reasons of why things are done the way they do them. If you don't like something be a part of the solution and not just someone who constantly complains.

I agree with MRK11, if you don't like something go talk to them in person, unless you are afraid to be known to the people you are bashing. I also want to thank Robin and the powers that be for at least giving us 1 more season of hockey. She didn't have to do that. I may not like a lot of things that are done in the front office, but unless you are there when the decisions are made, you are not privy to the reasons of why things are done the way they do them. If you don't like something be a part of the solution and not just someone who constantly complains.

I have talked to them, ALL OF THEM till im blue in the face...... Have been a SSH since the DCC and if they arent going to Listen to the CORE FANS at all, they arent going to listen to no one...... These Idiots have there own way that has proven to run CORE Fans off and thats what they are doing. They force the people working in the office to do things there way or they fire them..... Look back at all the good people let go or forced out that are not here now becauce of there Idiot way of doing business..... Facts speak louder than just saying , go talk to someone...... Talking does nothing but get my blood pressure up and show there true colors...... Hate to loose Hockey here in the Midsouth because of them..... If people would stop looking through Rose Colored Glasses they would see what a large group of core fans and seen and realize that the end is not near, ITs HERE...... This will be the last year of Riverkings Hockey here unless the House is Cleared of the upper Management and hire a group of people that knows how to run an orginization...... Look at some of the other teams in the league and see what there GM , Ticket Sales People and Coach are doing and see what ours are doing....... I have !!!!! Get involved with the comunity in steed of just sitting in a office waiting on thing to come to you..... I could say more but I feel like this :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Do the people who like to complain about everything about the kings get this way with any other business. The kings are running a business just like any restaurant, hotel, etc. Do you like to question every move a gm does at your favorite restaurant. Do you tell them they're running off their core customers. I doubt it. If you're that unhappy about it quit supporting the business. If not just be glad there's hockey in the mid south and focus on the games, not every little move made when you don't know the reasons. Ab may be doing and enforcing policies for robin. Managers don't always agree with what they enforce but it's their job. Deal with it or don't support it

The way I see it maybe its time to change the "core" fans out with some new ones. Things change all the time Some for the better some for the worse. We can get all mad about things we have no control over, or we can support the players by cheering for them. The choice is yours. But just because you are unhappy dosent mean you have to try to make every one else unhappy.

Do you tell them they're running off their core customers. I doubt it. If you're that unhappy about it quit supporting the business.

All the FO needs to do is look at the attendance numbers over the last few years. The way numbers have dwindled, more have quit supporting the business than those that still support it.

Grizz and the Tigers attendance are up why? They win! All we need is to do is win. Hockey is a novelty here. Win the game throw in a fight or two and you hook some new fan. The Redbirds are a sport you would think would have great attendence they dont. Why go sit in the heat and watch them loose. AP is a great ball park, nice food game entertainment but the game not so much cause they loose. If we win and make the games fun for NEW fans we will grow.

Grizz and the Tigers attendance are up why? They win! All we need is to do is win. Hockey is a novelty here. Win the game throw in a fight or two and you hook some new fan. The Redbirds are a sport you would think would have great attendence they dont. Why go sit in the heat and watch them loose. AP is a great ball park, nice food game entertainment but the game not so much cause they loose. If we win and make the games fun for NEW fans we will grow.

HAHAHA...what are you on? I have a better chance making $100k off a Lemonade Stand than the Kings have of growing this organization. Face it, this thing has been over for a while.

All we need is to do is win.

Seriously?

If winning hockey games would and could cure all the ills here, then the Doug Shedden teams would have played in front of packed houses every night. That didn't happen.

Seriously?

If winning hockey games would and could cure all the ills here, then the Doug Shedden teams would have played in front of packed houses every night. That didn't happen.

For Blues fan, you're pretty sharp. :thumbsup2:

Ok first, this is what some of us on here are talking about. Everything is so negative. I could give everyone of you a $100 bill, most of you would be mad cause I did not give you two or give you small bills.

Get a grip on life. Its minor league hockey and not one of US pay the bills for the team. Come to the games have fun or dont come and sit behind the computer and be mad all the time its up to you.

Yeah attendance is down from the past few years and hockey prob won't be here much longer so I'm gonna sit back and enjoy it while it's here. I'm not gonna worry about their business choices or anything about the front office. My interest is hockey, not the front office

Ok first, this is what some of us on here are talking about. Everything is so negative. I could give everyone of you a $100 bill, most of you would be mad cause I did not give you two or give you small bills.

Get a grip on life. Its minor league hockey and not one of US pay the bills for the team. Come to the games have fun or dont come and sit behind the computer and be mad all the time its up to you.

I'm not mad and I have an all too real grip on life. I simply pointed our your error. It's not opinion - it's fact. Any objective person can see the obvious here - winning hockey games won't change attendance here in any material way. Maddox hired the premiere AA level coach at the time who brought in talent good enough to win 2 Cups in 3 seasons. They played in front of only slightly better crowds than Richards, Killer, Mac, Gardner, or Wiley's (did I miss anyone?) teams drew.

For Blues fan, you're pretty sharp. :thumbsup2:

LOL.....Stanley Cup bound, baby! Going to take the Preds to the woodshed tomorrow night. I've got a good feeling about this season. Then again, the Chicago Cubs fans have good feelings in April every year as well. :thumbsup:

Your post about crowds is correct, but the newness has worn off now. Same with the Redbirds newness has worn off.

Your post about crowds is correct, but the newness has worn off now. Same with the Redbirds newness has worn off.

1st ....If the RK Business was run correctly and the prices were adjusted like the DCC adjusted for the Kings to get a portian of the parking and concessionns. There would be lots of support......But when you have poor office personal and High prices, RK will be lucky to average 1700 per game this season........ This is a post you can look at mid season and look back at..... And if its done fairly, You need to not use the game that kids come to..... You will see that I will be Very Close....... JL is right on in his comments......

the Redbirds finished 4th overall in the league, granted they didn't go to the playoffs but I wouldn't call them a losing team, they have had many players called up to the Cardinals this year and they do put on an entertaining game, every game I went to I had fun. Oh, and the Tigers winning, what year are you talking about, cause it's certainly not this year nor was it last year. and the Grizzlies, last year was the first winning season so really you can't use those teams as examples in this situation.

Your right about one thing if we win sure the fan base will grow, BUT, we HAVE to MAKE the games fun. The last couple of games I went to last year really weren't all that fun. The music wasn't that great, the energy and electricity wasn't even there anymore like it used to be. And with the exception of two, the puck patrol doesn't do anything but just stand around. Oh, and taking away Rock n Roll Part II as the goal song was just a big slap in the face to the fans. After that the entertainment went down hill. So unless some extreme changes have been made there really isn't that much hope for the games to be fun again. And I'm someone who has been going to sporting events all my life, before I could even walk. I know what entertainment is all about. The Riverkings have forgotten what that is. I hope they get it back. Hockey is a great sport to watch. And the DCC is a great facility. I wish nothing but the best for them this year. GO KINGS!!

Its minor league hockey and not one of US pay the bills for the team.

really? so where does the money from out ticket sales and parking going to?

Getting back on topic..........

If anyone goes to practice this morning, some of us would actually like to hear about what they see. I'll make it tonight for a short stint, but not this morning.

First half of practice was mostly drills. Lot of passing and skating drills. I was told tonight will be some four on four so we will get to see some defense. Goalie wise there is a kid wearing red pads I thought looked good but it is too early to tell.

any unsigned surprises? anyone signed not show? which guys look the best? be there wed. :)