Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Parnelli

Be Oh Be In Aye Arr Aye Cue

In an effort to put this thread on every possible hockey board, here it is again. I got back from France just a few days ago. I had a great time. Speed, I have a 5 Euro chip for you from Monte Carlo. It will cost you....... Nothing.

So, I'm still safe and all is well. Right now, as things stand, I'm still here until August 15. I'll keep everyone updated.

In an effort to put this thread on every possible hockey board, here it is again. I got back from France just a few days ago. I had a great time. Speed, I have a 5 Euro chip for you from Monte Carlo. It will cost you....... Nothing.

So, I'm still safe and all is well. Right now, as things stand, I'm still here until August 15. I'll keep everyone updated.

Rock on!

Stay safe. Need anything?

A suitcase full of 100s? A really good air conditioner. Some rolaids? Actually, again, the only thing I really need is another pair of clipon sunglasses. The other pair I had broke.

A suitcase full of 100s? A really good air conditioner. Some rolaids? Actually, again, the only thing I really need is another pair of clipon sunglasses. The other pair I had broke.

Im guessing you're in the desert, dont you like those tinted goggles they issue? :rolleyes:

Yea, no tinted goggles for me. It is really bright here during the day and it's getting hotter then HADES. Supposed to hit 115 today. Woo hoo.

I haven't updated in a while. It's still hotter then hades here. Why anyone in their right mind would choose to live here is beyond me. To say I'm enjoying the Flyers kicking some major Canadian butt is an understatement. I'm still here through August 15.

I haven't updated in a while. It's still hotter then hades here. Why anyone in their right mind would choose to live here is beyond me. To say I'm enjoying the Flyers kicking some major Canadian butt is an understatement. I'm still here through August 15.

Was stationed in UAE in Abu Dabi back in 91 for a few months. I remember one day at 10:30 AM it was right at 115 and the humidity was near 100 percent. There was a heavy haze over everything and the sweat just poured out when you were outside.

Went from there to Saudi for a few more months and while the heat was a tad dryer it was still like an oven.

Im with you though, why anyone would want to live like that is beyond me.. (While I sit in PCola just smouldering ha ha)

I keep getting asked if I need anything. I know this is a strange request. I need some padded shipping envelopes. 6 will do, 10 is best. If someone could run to wal-mart and get me a package of them and send them here, I'd appreciate it.

Ship anything to:

Bob Werner

EODT Security

COB Adder/Tallil

APO, AE 09331

Home made cookies welcome. :)

I keep getting asked if I need anything. I know this is a strange request. I need some padded shipping envelopes. 6 will do, 10 is best. If someone could run to wal-mart and get me a package of them and send them here, I'd appreciate it.

Ship anything to:

Bob Werner

EODT Security

COB Adder/Tallil

APO, AE 09331

Home made cookies welcome. :)

What size are you looking for?

I'll try to send them out Tuesday.

Should I put them in a padded envelope?

I need them large enough to hold a standard CD Rom. Yes, put the padded envelopes inside a padded envelope. Is that padded enough for you?

What size are you looking for?

I'll try to send them out Tuesday.

Should I put them in a padded envelope?

Hi again all. Well we are in the midst of yet another sand storm. The visibility here is less then 1/4 mile. They say on posters here that the silt is not bad for you. Uh huh, right. Anyway, temps still over 100 every day. Yea, this is awesome!

Hi again all. Well we are in the midst of yet another sand storm. The visibility here is less then 1/4 mile. They say on posters here that the silt is not bad for you. Uh huh, right. Anyway, temps still over 100 every day. Yea, this is awesome!

Wow, sounds like paradise :hellno:

At one time this was paradise. This was Mesopotamia in biblical times. The entire area I'm in was under water at one time. The Ziggurat of Ur was the highest spot. Also, if you actually believe in the Bible this is the reported home of Abraham. Still, why anyone would choose to live here is beyond me. I saw a heard of camels outside the wire the other day that was interesting. I've seen sheep and a few coyotes.

It's not the silt, it's the humidity!

BTW: Get the envelopes? In the envelope? That was padded, so that the padded envelopes weren't damaged?

No, they are probably in a padded cell somewhere. And what the he double toothpicks? Sending me a text saying "Go Blackhawks?"

No, they are probably in a padded cell somewhere. And what the he double toothpicks? Sending me a text saying "Go Blackhawks?"

It said "Way to go Blackhawks" along with a preemptive apology for rubbing it in. I didn't think that the cell carriers over there edited text messaging, but I guess I learn something new everyday.

I sent it out last Wednesday, hopefully you'll get it soon.

I edited the text for content, not the Iraqis. Still WTF?

It said "Way to go Blackhawks" along with a preemptive apology for rubbing it in. I didn't think that the cell carriers over there edited text messaging, but I guess I learn something new everyday.

I sent it out last Wednesday, hopefully you'll get it soon.

I edited the text for content, not the Iraqis. Still WTF?

Blackhawks baby...that's WTF...smacked down the Flyers for the Cup they did...cheering.gifstanleycup.jpgcuphold.gif