Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or LOGIN http://sphlforums.com/login/

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Worst Meals In The League

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think it would benefit all if Craigen were to leave around the 5:00 mark of the first period and prepare meals for the visitors?  I think this could be a win-win situation for all of us involve

How about this? Anyone who feels they can do a better job providing food for the teams - AND ACTUALLY DOES SO - can post about their own experience on the subject, as opposed to their third-hand "opin

When you see the thread title, don't click on it.  Problem solved.

Cooking for that many is intimidating the first time, but you get the hang of it.  There are some excellent "cooking for a crowd" recipes online.

A booster club can spread out the work across multiple families.  An average meal is an entree, a vegetable, rolls, a small dessert, and bananas.  Plus a cooler full of Gatorade and chocolate milk.  A family will sign up to bring one item.

Crock-Pot meals are great.  Stews, chilis, and pasta dishes work well here.  Plug them in at puck drop and let them simmer until the final horn.  Slip back to the kitchen and stir at intermission.  Huntsville invested in a convection oven so we can rapid bake some meals during third period.  Three or four pans of your favorite casserole are perfect.  Anybody can do that.

At meal time you get an assembly line going to dish up the meal into Styrofoam boxes for serving.  With everyone lending a hand it goes fast.

Do you think it would benefit all if Craigen were to leave around the 5:00 mark of the first period and prepare meals for the visitors?  I think this could be a win-win situation for all of us involved.

• Like 4

Do you think it would benefit all if Craigen were to leave around the 5:00 mark of the first period and prepare meals for the visitors? I think this could be a win-win situation for all of us involved.

This is one of the funniest comments I've seen on here. I really like Craigen but the absurdity of him waddling of the ice wearing a chef's hat and apron is just too darn funny.

• Like 1

I seen we only had 4 d men last night I hope he didn't trade a couple of them for a cook

Edited by Jimangie0
  • Like 1

This is one of the funniest comments I've seen on here. I really like Craigen but the absurdity of him waddling of the ice wearing a chef's hat and apron is just too darn funny.

That's only if you can see him in the crowd- probably only the very tip top of the chef's hat would (possibly) be visible, depending on how big the hat is.

• Like 1

Well actually one night we did! We served a breakfast/regular post game meal for Peoria just the other night. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omlets, pancakes,hash brown casserole, breakfast casserole, grits, sausage gravy, fruit, home made biscuits, muffins. The other portion of the meal we served spaghetti, chicken Alfredo with Veggies, Lasanga, pasta salad, baked beans,meatballs,, hamburger rice casserole, . Coffee cake, brownies, cookies, chocolate Milk, gator aide, water and juice. I know I am forgetting some things but just to tell you some of the things we here in Macon do for our team and all visiting teams. We Alston send them away with to go boxes if they want them, which a good portion of them do. They all are very appreciative and kind.

• Like 3

If any of this bull**** was true she wouldn't be cooking the meals. Murray is a very picky and very good GM. I've yet to see this email or link of this was supposedly "leaked". Drama drama drama. I know who started this crap and if you payed more attention to hockey and not starting drama you'd probably be happier people. I personally know people from other teams that used to play for us that have asked for some to take home and eat. This drama crap is ridiculous. Murray himself has said this is bull crap and he's aware of this post.

If any of this bull**** was true she wouldn't be cooking the meals. Murray is a very picky and very good GM. I've yet to see this email or link of this was supposedly "leaked". Drama drama drama. I know who started this crap and if you payed more attention to hockey and not starting drama you'd probably be happier people. I personally know people from other teams that used to play for us that have asked for some to take home and eat. This drama crap is ridiculous. Murray himself has said this is bull crap and he's aware of this post.

This is so true. The Ice Bears are a top class organization and would not let this happen. If this was true wherever this vote took place and the email that was sent out would have been posted somewhere by now.

I personally cannot confirm nor deny the existence of the survey or the email but I did sit at the Casual Pint on January 30 and listen to two KIB office staff, their families, several fans, and several of the players girlfriend discuss this very topic. JayRudd said that Mike Murray is denying all of this, then if he wants to know where this rumor got started he needs to begin with his own office staff.

I personally cannot confirm nor deny the existence of the survey or the email but I did sit at the Casual Pint on January 30 and listen to two KIB office staff, their families, several fans, and several of the players girlfriend discuss this very topic. JayRudd said that Mike Murray is denying all of this, then if he wants to know where this rumor got started he needs to begin with his own office staff.

Can this post be deleted already? This is sooo last week and there are so many other things to talk about related to hockey

Great news. Meals are improving. Many compliments about last night after game meal. Several guys said the best meal of the season.