Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or LOGIN http://sphlforums.com/login/

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Parker gave up 4 goals already on only 8 shots, I think he is burnt out, like Murdock was late last season. Looks like another loss, unless we can score a bunch of goals tonight.

If the Ice Bears win tonight and Sunday, which is looking more than probable unless our team can get some heart, the 3 games in hand we have will be meaningless.  These head to head games are critically important for home ice advantage in the playoffs.  It's beginning to look like another weekend of a 1-2 record at best although 0-3 is not out of the question.

There's still enough hockey games remaining to put together a nice winning streak going into the playoffs but eventually there won't be enough time left to do anything except make tee times for rounds of 18.  Does this team want a nice playoff run or an early start on the greens?

look at the fights and penalties, i knew this was coming, we will not win Sunday either, just into a nosedive for sure

look at the fights and penalties, i knew this was coming, we will not win Sunday either, just into a nosedive for sure

You said there would be a brawl.....this was just a couple of fights that happen in many games in the SPHL. Big difference in my opinion....

Yeah, it seemed clear the Antz fighters were trying to get their teammates fired up. I can't for the life of me figure out why Thompson decided to dance with Flegel though.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Thompson decided to dance with Flegel though.

Kids a gamer and goes all out....

I can't figure out where the Famed "BAD BRAD BROTHERS"  (Drobot and Plumpton) coach talked up so much in pre-season are.... One gets his butt handed to him everytime he goes and the other takes more needless penalties than anyone... neither contribute more than they seem to cost in my opinion. 

Other ramdom thoughts:

Stuermer #26 looked like he could skate/handle the puck pretty well and may work out. 

Zac Frischmon traded for Ruben has kept playing well, Frisch 42 gms 15 goals 14 ast 29 pts + 4 / Ruben 44 gms 7 goals 16 ast 23 pts - 9 (some how this always happens) 

Thompson needs to put glue in his gloves to make sure they never come off again he came close to getting seriously clobbered

getting rid of frish was not a good deal, rubin has done nothing or very little since he has been here, i imagine more fights sunday

Thompson is a young man, and he made a poor life decision during last night's game.  Let's hope one of those haymakers he ate matures him beyond such poor choices in the future.  That being said, if Flegel ever grabs a heavyweight (or good middleweight) that knows how to fight, he is going to get KO'd beyond recognition.  He leads with his chin so badly, it's not even funny.  As soon as he goes with someone that can reach him, they are going to eat him up if they know what they are doing.

I read on here when he was signed that this Plumton guy could fight.  Anyone have video evidence of that?  Every video from Europe, and now here, shows him getting beat or holding on.  I don't get it.

By the way, I've seen Drobot interacting with kids, and he's a pretty good guy.  I have to admit, I like him.

• Like 1

Thompson needs to put glue in his gloves to make sure they never come off again he came close to getting seriously clobbered

Maybe go check out the fight fanatics section and watch him ... he normally holds is own pretty good .. 

Thompson is a young man, and he made a poor life decision during last night's game. Let's hope one of those haymakers he ate matures him beyond such poor choices in the future. That being said, if Flegel ever grabs a heavyweight (or good middleweight) that knows how to fight, he is going to get KO'd beyond recognition. He leads with his chin so badly, it's not even funny. As soon as he goes with someone that can reach him, they are going to eat him up if they know what they are doing.

I read on here when he was signed that this Plumton guy could fight. Anyone have video evidence of that? Every video from Europe, and now here, shows him getting beat or holding on. I don't get it.

By the way, I've seen Drobot interacting with kids, and he's a pretty good guy. I have to admit, I like him.

He fought Segal in his first fight, and did very well.

Segal is not a heavyweight, never really has been.  He's also not really even a middleweight these days.  Segal doesn't have the size to create a problem for Flegel.  One of the taller fighters with reach that can get in on him is going to hurt him one day.  His chin just waves in the air.  Segal got a couple of good shots in on him through openings in that fight, but he couldn't take advantage of that chin jumping out exposed when he throws those haymakers.  I like Flegel's aggressiveness, but it's just obvious that his style is going to get him wasted against the right size guy.  He may be smart enough not to grab one of those guys though.

Thompson is a young man, and he made a poor life decision during last night's game.  Let's hope one of those haymakers he ate matures him beyond such poor choices in the future.

Funny Thompson out on ice playing hard Sunday and Anouncer said Flegel is out with injurry sustained in Fridays Fight... Guess Thompsons head is harder than Flegels hand.... LOL  

• Like 1

Flagel did about as much at the top of Section L as Thompson did on the ice.  Bears have 2 excess defensemen right now, so Flegel is kind of expendable.  Seems the result just kept showing up the same all weekend no matter what.