Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or LOGIN http://sphlforums.com/login/

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Mike Murray charged with DUI(Public info)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, we agree that the pay is low, and these guys have a minimal chance of making it to the highest tier of their sport. In what way does that make what they do "pretend"? Is the manager at a store a "

Just as an FYI, this is public information it is public record and it was posted on a public website. It is open to discussion.  Unlike some Facebook pages, we are not going to suppress public in

Mike has been very polite and courteous to my family especially my son, and yes I still support him to the fullest.  He made a big mistake, one that he should man up to, he is a role model to a lot of

Just as an FYI, this is public information it is public record and it was posted on a public website. It is open to discussion. 

Unlike some Facebook pages, we are not going to suppress public information and act like it didn't happen.

Much like politicians, when you are in the public eye everything you do is subject to scrutiny. So...Don't do stupid s***!!!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Speedracer said:

Unlike some Facebook pages, we are not going to suppress public information and act like it didn't happen.

I see that inconsistent worm of an admin hasn't booted the guy that posted it over there yet, but he's doing his best to make excuses for it and also claims to have 'inside knowledge' as per usual.

That said, this team is officially a dumpster fire now.

19 hours ago, icebearnut said:

Looks like we need a coach, assistant coach, equipment manager and now maybe a GMlmao

Where did Ronyane go?

Just now, AfghanPiehole said:

Where did Ronyane go?

I doubt he sticks around with mike Craigen gone...maybe though...just a guess

Considering Murray is part of the KIB ownership group, I wonder how hard it'd be for them to force him to step down?

I believe they just like getting in trouble just to padding their lead on posts on this forum lmao. But on a serious note, how can he keep his job when he just fired somebody for basically the same thing?  Even ran into a tree, those things don't even move!!!  Even sounds like he got his girlie friend in trouble!!!  Sure hope hes not married or he might have some bigger troubles.

• Like 1

I find this situation sad, as I did with the Billet DUI as well. We are human and make mistakes daily. (Yes, I am aware this is one that might kill someone.)  And no, I don't think the information should have been suppressed.

Murray has worked very hard to keep hockey in Knoxville. For that I applaud him and will continue to do so.

Some would turn the hockey organization over to individuals or groups with no business or coaching experience. I think Knoxville needs to be smarter than taking an emotional stand at this point. Any decisions should be decided on business and financial smarts.

We all know this is going to hurt Murray financially, personally, etc. This will be tried in a court, and if others have their way, on hockey boards. I feel sad that individuals are enjoying this situation. It is your right to feel this way, I just want to see hockey continue in Knoxville.

• Like 1

As an ER doc,  I see a lot of people brought in for DUI- both due to alcohol and/or drugs. Either of these, and especially in combination, will impair one's ability to operate a vehicle (or ride a horse- yep, seen that too). Unfortunately, these situations can cause injury not only to the individual but potentially to others- not good and not excusable, since Uber and taxis are available.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 10:38 PM, Greg81102 said:

Even ran into a tree, those things don't even move!!!  

Those trees just seem to come up out of the ground they are in and move into the middle of the road- I've heard that too many times from patients- "That tree just came out of nowhere, man.". Also, "I only had 2 beers, doc."- must have been mini-kegs or big cans of Fosters.

The News Sentinel finally got word of it. And included a video montage about Craigen getting released.

Ice Bears general manager Mike Murray arrested on DUI charge

By Travis Dorman, USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee

Knoxville Ice Bears general manager Mike Murray was arrested May 24 on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to court records.

"We look forward to our day to address these charges with the state and in court," Murray's lawyer, Don Bosch, told USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee on Tuesday. "Mike is very sorry for any negative attention this has brought to the Ice Bears and the Knoxville community." 

Read more at: http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/local/2017/05/31/ice-bears-general-manager-mike-murray-arrested-dui-charge/356600001/

Billett was suspended immediately after he was arrested and charged with DUI but yet Murray hasn't been suspended.  It sure does appear to be a double standard here.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:41 PM, MacGuy said:

I guess Tiger Woods is out as a replacement option.

Lol i dont think murrays police dash cam video can possibly be better then tiger woods.  For having no alcohol in his system he must have been on some really good perscription drugs.  Never knew cops ask you to say the national anthem backwards.  I would definately fail that test!!!

1 hour ago, fred said:

Should a person always lose their job if they get arrested for DUI? Should they lose their job for any arrest or just a DUI?

Not sure if i believe they should be fired.  But I can see either side of the argument.  One side is everyone makes mistakes and does stupid things.  The other side, teams dont want the bad publicity that comes along with the arrests.  Especially people who play sports and know they are in the spotlight and suppose to be good role models for others.  You would think that murray would have thought a little harder about driving after billet just got fired for the exact same thing.  But usually if a team fires somebody for dui or arrest, all they do is get picked up by another team down the road.  I guess it just goes by a case to case basis and how bad the arrest was.  Im on the fence about whether they should lose their jobs.  But cant see how you can fire someone for it, then sweep the next one under the rug.  Not sending a very good message.  

2 hours ago, fred said:

Should a person always lose their job if they get arrested for DUI? Should they lose their job for any arrest or just a DUI?

Not necessarily. Depends on what the person got arrested for or what the person's job entails.

Edited by PlannedObsolescence
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Not sure if i believe they should be fired.  But I can see either side of the argument.  One side is everyone makes mistakes and does stupid things.  The other side, teams dont want the bad publicity that comes along with the arrests.  Especially people who play sports and know they are in the spotlight and suppose to be good role models for others.  You would think that murray would have thought a little harder about driving after billet just got fired for the exact same thing.  But usually if a team fires somebody for dui or arrest, all they do is get picked up by another team down the road.  I guess it just goes by a case to case basis and how bad the arrest was.  Im on the fence about whether they should lose their jobs.  But cant see how you can fire someone for it, then sweep the next one under the rug.  Not sending a very good message.  

On ESPN's "Around the Horn" the other day, Tim Cowlishaw spoke about his DUI earlier in his career; obviously he didn't get fired because of it.